Yonex Nanoray 20 Badminton Racket, an underrated badminton racket
It is not uncommon for beginners and intermediate players to seek badminton rackets that help them with power. For one, their technique is not necessarily as good as it can be and hence their reliance on the racket to provide adequate power on shots. While a power smash is an important aspect of the game, proper swing technique is essential to advance one's game. Yonex designed Nanoray series badminton rackets for quick, controlled swings that provide enhanced repulsion. Yonex has several great badminton rackets in the Nanoray series. Among the most popular rackets for beginners and intermediate players are the Nanoray 10F badminton racket and the Nanoray 20 badminton racket. Check out our BW experts' review of the Nanoray 10F badminton racket. Here we discuss the good and the bad of the Yonex Nanoray 20 badminton racket.
- Flex: Hi-Flex
- Frame: Graphite
- Shaft: Graphite, NANOMESH + CARBON NANOTUBE
- Weight / Grip Size: 3U (Ave.88g) G4
- Stringing Advice: 19-24 lbs
‘Nanomesh + Carbon Nanotube’ is an exclusive structural material inserted into the frame and/or shaft of the Nanoray series. It significantly increases repulsion power, toughness and impact strength within the racquet. By combining carbon nanotube with a resin, the two molecules create a mesh-like construction which delivers a head-light racquet, sharper drive shots, improved strength, and faster handling.
The ISOMETRIC™ equalizes the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, enlarging the sweet spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-center hits.
Molded deep into the layers of graphite where the frame connects with the shaft, the YONEX Built-in T-Joint creates a durable and high-strength one-piece frame that is torque-free.
Aerodynamic contouring of the top of the frame minimizes air resistance so air flows faster across the curved surface during the swing, accelerating the head speed and transferring more speed and power into hits. this construction tapers into the YONEX Box Shape midway through the frame for high stability, low-torque performance, and more accuracy.
Control Support Cap
The control support cap provides an 88% wider flat surface compared with an ordinary racquet for easier gripping, fast follow-through, and the sharpest maneuverability.
- Economical: At $55, the Nanoray 20 badminton racket is economical.
- Power: Unlike the Nanoray 10F badminton racket, the Nanoray 20 is designated as a 3U, making it more ideal for powerful shot making while still maintaining overall swing speed for control.
- Flexible shaft: The Nanoray 20 badminton racket has a flexible shaft allowing for increased repulsion resulting in deeper clears with minimal effort.
- Suitable for singles or doubles: As a 3U racket (85-89 gms), it is suitable for singles and doubles. So it is a racket to consider if you prefer playing both and don't want to buy 2 rackets.
- Durable: Despite its lower cost, the Nanoray 20 badminton racket is durable making it one of Badminton Warehouse's best selling badminton rackets in the Chicagoland area.
THE NOT SO GOOD
- String: Most pre-strung rackets come with durable badminton string and Nanoray 20 is no different. However, playability will be enhanced significantly by restringing with BG80 Power or BG65Ti. Our BW experts recommend that you use the factory string until it snaps and then re-string with BG80 Power or better quality string for enhanced play.
If you are looking for a badminton racket that can double up as a racket for both singles and doubles, then you should consider the Nanoray 20 badminton racket. It has power and control far beyond what a badminton racket in its price range might be expected to provide.
Other rackets to consider in this price range:
1. Yonex Nanoray 10 Badminton Racket
2. Victor Ultramate Badminton Racket
Leave a comment